Three Rivers Public Library
TEEN ADVISORY BOARD
WHO ARE WE?
The Teen Advisory Board is a group of teens, ages 12-17, from the city of Three Rivers and surrounding communities served by the TRPL who are interested in having a say in what the library does for them.
WHAT DO WE DO?
The Teen Advisory Board’s goal is to promote library services to teens at Three Rivers Public Library and the community by:
- Advising, planning and implementing teen programs.
- Writing articles, reviews and creative works for the Teen blog and newsletter.
- Designing and maintaining the Teen Blog and Web Site.
- Promoting ideas, reading, programming and expression by and for teens by creating bulletin boards and displays in the young adult area.
- Recommending books, movies, music CDs and magazines for the YA collection.
- Creating an inviting teen area in the library.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF IT?
- Having a say in materials & programs for teens at Three Rivers Public Library.
- Opportunity to be creative and expressive through art and imaginative activities.
- Personal satisfaction in serving your community and peers.
- Something creative and fun to do!
- Community service looks good on college applications and job applications.
HOW MUCH TIME COMMITMENT IS REQUIRED?
- TAB meets on the first Thursday of every month starting April 5 at the TRPL Community Room.
- TAB maintains an blog site to post reviews and discuss ideas and projects on an ongoing basis.
- Additional hours as requested for newsletter or special programs and projects.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Fill out the Three Rivers Public Library’s Teen Advisory Board application and return it to the Circulation Desk at TRPL
- Stephanie, the Young Adult Librarian will contact you.
If you have any questions about the program or application, feel free to call or email Stephanie, the Young Adult Librarian at 273-8666 or firstname.lastname@example.org